Monday, May 27, 2013

DAY 6: Gifts on Sunday Bum Day

      Today's my last day in Durban. Right now, I'm looking at the gifts my friends gave me yesterday. I didn't want to open them a moment ago, because they were wrapped with much care. However, curiosity got the best of me, and now the gift wrap is everywhere. (Great, I just gave myself a sweeping job.)
      Saachi gave me a charm bracelet. It's adorned with things that mean something to her, and for that reason it means something to me now. Thank you, Saachi.
      Abani gave me a book signed by her. The book talked about historical figures King Dingane, Chief Cetshwayo, King Mpande, Nelson Mandela, and Noel Langley. The two historical figures I found interesting were Chief Cetshwayo, the Zulu King who succeeded his father, Mpande, in 1872, and King Dingane, a Zulu chief who became King of the Zulu Kingdom in 1828 after assassinating his half brother, Shaka. Thank you, Abani.
      Mosa gave me a wooden box filled with lots of  things. She told me to keep what's inside a secret,  but I can tell you that she wrote me a letter, which I reading on my flight home. Thank you, Mosa.
      Lastly, Baijanti gave me a bag she made with 5 pairs of high waisted shorts she also made. I tell you, this girl has talent (and I'm not saying that just to be nice). I'll definitely be showing off these shorts in New York City. Thank you, Baijanti.
      Best send off presents ever don't you think. I hope to see them very soon. Maybe, they can come see me in New York City this summer, which is right around the corner.
      Got to go pack up and get ready for bed, because I have an early morning flight to Dubai.


No comments:

Post a Comment